Apparently blogging is very *woman-centric*. According the Center for Media Research, a recent study about women and blogging was done by BlogHer and Compass Partners.
Women are so passionate about blogging, says the report, that large percentages said they would give something up to keep the blogs they read and/or write:
• 55% would give up alcohol
• 50% would give up their PDAs
• 42% would give up their i-Pod
• 43% would give up reading the newspaper or magazines
• only 20% would give up chocolate
Time shift from traditional media is accelerating in the general Internet population:
• 24% of women surveyed watch less television because of blogging
• 25% read fewer magazines because they are blogging
• 22% read fewer newspapers because they’re blogging
• More than half of women surveyed consider blogs a reliable source of advice and information
• Half of women surveyed say blogs influence their purchase decisions
How do you feel about blogging? A reliable source of information? Worth giving up chocolate or alcohol for? Let us know!
To see more facts from the study, visit http://www.blogher.com/files/BlogHer.CompassPartners.Social%20Media%20Study.ppt.pdf